How do I instal Celestia ?

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Topic author
MATE
With us: 22 years 2 months

How do I instal Celestia ?

Post #1by MATE » 28.07.2002, 03:15

I have just downloaded the program and read the read me. It tells me to open the zip to a temp folder c:\temp, which I have done. This gives me a folder cotaining a folder Celestia. Then the read me said Run from Start. and TEMPDIR\ setup.exe. OK. Where do I find start .? Would like to run program but I am not a computer expert. HELP.

Ortolan
With us: 22 years 6 months

Post #2by Ortolan » 28.07.2002, 07:10

Well you could just double-click the exe file, that's the easiest way to install it. For future reference, the run option is located near the bottom of the start menu, above the shutdown/restart option. (I think that's where it is at least, I haven't used windows for a while). :)

Bob

Post #3by Bob » 28.07.2002, 07:10

Read the whole sentence:
Then, select
Run from the Start menu and enter:

TEMPDIR\setup.exe

Now open the Start menu, the button named Start left of the taskbar, and select Run. this opens a window where you can start the setup.exe

Or simply open the explorer, go to the directory where you unzipped Celestia and doubleclick on setup.exe

:)

Topic author
MATE
With us: 22 years 2 months

Post #4by MATE » 29.07.2002, 11:50

Thanks for the replies. I have now tried the suggestions but no joy. The screen comes up with 'Cannot find temp\setup.exe .check that path is correct. When I opened the folder I find there is no setup .exe file. So I opened the zip again and there is none in there either.? Now what ? More help needed,

Return to “Celestia Users”