Star Trek in Celestia

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
mousse
Banned
With us: 11 years 9 months

Re: Star Trek in Celestia

Post #21by mousse » 19.10.2012, 15:06

:?:

SB1 in STXI
SB1_jj.jpg
I never believe in the impossibility of winning ...

t00fri
Developer
With us: 22 years 3 months

Post #22by t00fri » 19.10.2012, 17:24

mousse wrote::?:

SB1 in STXI
SB1_jj.jpg

mousse,

you really seem to be a nice guy. I like particularly your avatar. The choice of avatars usually provides a lot of insight into peoples' character...

But tell me one thing: since you are a user of shatters.net (Sep 30th) , you continuously dump these images of StarTrek ships into this thread, which essentially reduces storage of shatters.net without the benefit for other interested users to be able to download the ship models you present. So please tell us why do you do this???

Suppose, we make a poll here and let the forum users decide whether they are really interested in these dozens of ship images that you and wieczor are dumping here without download opportunities. Would you be willing to stop this activity, if the majority votes AGAINST it??

Please let us know.

Fridger

Fenerit M
With us: 17 years 3 months

Post #23by Fenerit » 19.10.2012, 18:09

Hi guys (long-standing members) I think you are closest to fall into the traps (or between the claws) of such self-styled ex-bdfd, like its signature declare as "I never believe in the impossibility of winning ...". There are several arguments that can be turned against you...
Never at rest.
Massimo

t00fri
Developer

Post #24by t00fri » 19.10.2012, 18:18

Fenerit wrote:Hi guys (long-standing members) I think you are closest to fall into the traps (or between the claws) of such self-styled ex-bdfd, like its signature declare as "I never believe in the impossibility of winning ...". There are several arguments that can be turned against you...

I am afraid, I will need some explanation of what your post is supposed to say.

Fridger

Fenerit M

Post #25by Fenerit » 19.10.2012, 18:48

Well...

1) No unpolite language and offenses are now used;
2) The moderator in person has open this thread without complains about the wasting of storage space;
3) Several members and one of the most preminent in particular are reluctant to share finished works, whatever the reasoned motivation is alleged :wink: , but is urged the "do by yourself to learn"; the same can play for the new guys, being all the "tools" (3D models and modelers) available.
Finally, I was agreeding with Chuft about the unnecessarity to declare pubblically people as "foes". In fact, such operation is available through private editing of the user's board. My two cents.
Never at rest.
Massimo

t00fri
Developer

Post #26by t00fri » 19.10.2012, 19:10

Fenerit wrote:Well...

1) No unpolite language and offenses are now used;
2) The moderator in person has open this thread without complains about the wasting of storage space;
3) Several members and one of the most preminent in particular are reluctant to share finished works, whatever the reasoned motivation is alleged :wink: , but is urged the "do by yourself to learn"; the same can play for the new guys, being all the "tools" (3D models and modelers) available.
Finally, I was agreeding with Chuft about the unnecessarity to declare pubblically people as "foes". In fact, such operation is available through private editing of the user's board. My two cents.

Massimo,

I think your points are tenable. If more users are sharing your opinion, then yes it's time for me to shut up.
Yet, I'll send you the PM that I wrote to our three admins some days ago. Perhaps you can also understand why I am fighting against what is going on at shatters and notably in this thread since a while.

Fridger

Fenerit M

Post #27by Fenerit » 19.10.2012, 20:05

Ok. Do check out your PM for my reply.
Never at rest.
Massimo

John Van Vliet
With us: 21 years 10 months

Post #28by John Van Vliet » 20.10.2012, 06:09

--- edit ---
Last edited by John Van Vliet on 19.10.2013, 07:01, edited 1 time in total.

mousse
Banned

Post #29by mousse » 20.10.2012, 06:40

Remember where you are : Star Trek in Celestia under Celestia users. :)
Opening date : August, 21th,
topic seen with more 1665 views and
picture viewed 675 times,
61 replies (whose last useless because no image :( ).
5 pages...
One fact, the only evidence (only numbers 'spoke') !

thank you for the right words Massimo.

USS Upholder.jpg

@ Queball (BCC) & updated in cmod by your 'servant'.

nemetonia
Banned
With us: 11 years 8 months

Post #30by nemetonia » 21.10.2012, 05:57

a simple model, USS Aegean.
USS Aegean.jpg
Instability is the price of feelings.

wieczor
Banned

Post #31by wieczor » 21.10.2012, 07:11

G.M.,
The USS Horatio, amazing model :)
USS Horatio.jpg

In the case 'separate model'
USS Horatio2.jpg

@ tiqhud (BCC) & updated in 3ds.
My Grandfather used to say: "we respond to idiots by silence..."

Guckytos
With us: 20 years 1 month

Post #32by Guckytos » 21.10.2012, 08:57

Hi guys,

this is a moderator post. :!:

While I don't want to reign on your parade with all the pictures of scifi-craft that you upload; is it really necessary to make most of the time an extra post for each picture? Especially if you upload multiple pictures on the same day?

Please think also of the other users, it's annyoing

And more important, you are not the original creators of these models, but are using them from another source. So please insert a reference to the original source in your posts (if that is required by the original creator), as you now have finally started to do.

It would also be nice to provide a link to the site where you get these models from, so that other possible interested people could get them themselves. Because packing them into an addon seems not what you are after.

And also, while it is nice to see pictures of all these models. Why don't you create a dedicated website or picture gallery of your own (perhaps working together)? There you could sort them according to your criteria (fleets, sizes, etc ...). And the real especially good pictures with nice backdrops (planets, nebulae, milky way ...) you put then up on this site?

Best regards,

Guckytos

"Moderator mode off"

Personal mode on:
My personal opinion on these models is that they all look mass produced without real details and love put into it. If you want to render them for your personal pleasing, nobody will stop you. But Celestia is about a lot more than being used as a render utility for low-res scifi-models and associated pictures.

I have nothing against scifi-models themselves, and if you create them yourself and want to show off your skills (even if not yet so spectacular) on this site it's okay too. But taking the works of others and just mass producing pictures for the sake of producing pictures is not to my liking.

mousse
Banned

Post #33by mousse » 22.10.2012, 04:37

USS Alaric, an akula tng variant.
USS Alaric.jpg

@ P81 (Armada), updated in 3ds by myself.

Andy74 M
With us: 19 years 11 months

Post #34by Andy74 » 22.10.2012, 22:43

Guckytos wrote:My personal opinion on these models is that they all look mass produced without real details and love put into it.
[...]
But Celestia is about a lot more than being used as a render utility for low-res scifi-models and associated pictures.

[...]

But taking the works of others and just mass producing pictures for the sake of producing pictures is not to my liking.

I'm afraid I have to agree here ...
:(

mousse
Banned

Post #35by mousse » 23.10.2012, 06:43

Yes, fear produces nothing ... :roll:

Gladiator shuttle
Gladiator de l'USS Arsenal.jpg

It's the captain's yacht of the USS Arsenal (nextly).
@ CyAn1d3 (BCC), upadated by me in 3ds & cmod.

Tegmine
With us: 13 years 3 months

Post #36by Tegmine » 23.10.2012, 11:49

While the amount of work your producing is a lot, is it really necessary to throw out taunting commentary? You're demanding everyone respect your work but you're equally unwilling to accord respect to anyone's opinions and reasonable critiques. I think one reason for the number of views on this topic is people tuning in to read the drama. It's a bit like a serial; what happens this week? Tune in and find out!!!

I'm sure this post might not help matters, but I was getting a bit tired of seeing the incredibly defiant attitude.

-M-

PS I did like the planet texture in the one picture, though.

mousse
Banned

Post #37by mousse » 24.10.2012, 07:27

As promised recently, USS Arsenal.
USS Arsenal-Gladiator.jpg

Return to “Celestia Users”