*Twitch* It just keeps coming and coming over and over again

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Andy74 M
With us: 19 years 11 months

Re: *Twitch* It just keeps coming and coming over and over a

Post #21by Andy74 » 20.08.2012, 23:58

PlutonianEmpire wrote:
Hungry4info wrote:The issue has inflamed recently and members are at each other's throats.

I propose we move all the monotonous Star Trek material to its own thread where it can be easily ignored by those without interest.
I apologize for contributing to the inflammation earlier, but, truth be told, I don't think Star Trek saturation is the primary cause, cuz I've seen escalating tensions across the board (literally and figuratively) for many months now, and it was not too long ago there was a standoff between Fridger and ajtribick over petty differences in the spectbins file. :?

Sorry, PlutonianEmpire and Hungry4info, I have to disagree here. While I have been following the forums for years I have regularly observed "escalating tensions" or "inflammations" in the discussions between forum members. Even though some disputes led to the pitiful outcome that certain members left the stage it seems to me that these events are quite common among human beings ... I don't have the feeling that this has changed much in the latest time. What is new, however, is the open criticism against Star Trek addons creators. While everybody should be allowed to share his/her opinion openly, I have the feeling that the discussions somehow exaggerate the facts. There are still many topics which are not related to Star Trek. We should respect the interests of all forum members. Instead of criticising, everybody is free to share his own contributions.
Furthermore I don't like talk about "escalating tensions" where probably most of the forum members don't see an issue at all. I see only certain members repeating their statements. Others might be quite less interested in such posts. I propose to lock this thread in order to avoid superfluous discussions.
:(

Hungry4info
With us: 18 years 9 months

Post #22by Hungry4info » 21.08.2012, 15:03

I don't believe locking this thread -- the only thread on the topic that has managed to remain civilised where those involved have discussed the topic like adults -- is the right solution. I think we have the opportunity here to resolve the conflict peacefully without moderator intervention. Are we not adult enough to handle a disagreement without someone breaking up the fighting?

Words have been thrown around in anger but I would not read much into them. I doubt anyone here has any real quarrel with Star Trek itself -- it's just a science fiction franchise. The aggravation is seeing it constantly in the context of general Celestia creativity. Celestia add-ons are more than just ST; the overabundance of ST-themed contributions to the Celestia Pictures thread convey a message that Celestia is almost about ST, when this is clearly not the case.

Too much of the same thing is not creativity. It gets boring to some. This is why I proposed it be moved to a dedicated thread. We know there's people here who enjoy ST-related material and never tire of it, so my proposition was aimed specifically at accommodating them while helping to "clean up," so-to-speak, the generalised Celestia threads.

If I posted kittens (as modeled in Celestia) on this forum from time to time, I could probably get away with it. If I posted hundreds and hundreds of posts about such kittens, the kitten lovers among us (myself included) would enjoy it, but others would not. Saturating the Celestia forum and general threads with kittens would be improper internet etiquette, to say the least.

It is my opinion that some members have taken this way out of hand, with insults directed against other members who have produced wonderful contributions to Celestia. I hope the offending posters find it within them to at the very least refrain from any further actions of that sort. I would very much like to see this forum not decay into anarchy.
Current Setup:
Windows 7 64 bit. Celestia 1.6.0.
AMD Athlon Processor, 1.6 Ghz, 3 Gb RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

MiR
With us: 14 years 4 months

Post #23by MiR » 23.08.2012, 12:11

Hungry4info, good girl :)

I'm really happy to have you here, because I entirely agree what you've wrote!
But in English you can do this much better than I could write it

Michael

Hungry4info
With us: 18 years 9 months

Post #24by Hungry4info » 23.08.2012, 14:02

MiR wrote:Hungry4info, good girl :) I'm really happy to have you here, because I entirely agree what you've wrote!

Aww Thanks :3! :lol: :D
Current Setup:
Windows 7 64 bit. Celestia 1.6.0.
AMD Athlon Processor, 1.6 Ghz, 3 Gb RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

MiR
With us: 14 years 4 months

Post #25by MiR » 23.08.2012, 20:16

J.T.K. wrote:Everyone is beautiful, everyone is nice !!!
Mais oui, toi aussi...

it's up to us...:wink:

Michael

Reiko
With us: 17 years 8 months

Post #26by Reiko » 27.08.2012, 06:07

Why is anybody getting angry over this? I love star trek very much but agree the post your pictures thread was too flooded with the star trek theme and was drowning everything else out. The fact some members have pointed this out is no reason to get upset.

Good idea making a separate star trek thread. :blue:

Return to “Celestia Users”