1.2.4 Status

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Topic author
chris
Site Admin
With us: 22 years 7 months

1.2.4 Status

Post #1by chris » 02.04.2002, 18:00

I've fixed most of the bugs reported for 1.2.4, but the most serious bug--crashes when viewing ringed planets and eclipse shadows--has still eluded me. Thanks to some people here on this board, I've found exact line of code that causes the crash. Exactly why it's crashing is still a mystery to me, however. I'm headed out of town for the next week, so I'm afraid the official 1.2.4 release will be delayed at least until then. I'll have my laptop with me so I can do some further debugging and finally get around to creating a manual.

Some good news with scripting . . . I've added some new commands that let scripts use the new phase lock and chase modes. Phase lock mode enables you to write a script to set the camera to the daylight side of a planet, which is a very useful thing.

--Chris

Vicware
With us: 22 years 6 months

I'll wait...

Post #2by Vicware » 02.04.2002, 19:02

I was about to put up a report on 1.2.4, but I'll wait until
Chris returns. Hope you have a good trip. BTW, I think it
would be good to have a central glow in the galaxies, if
that can be done.

Vic

Post #3by Guest » 02.04.2002, 23:02

Chris:

before the release of the 1.2.4, I suggest a careful inspection of the various functions related to the menue entries in "Render". Unlike the 1.2.2/3, they have turned into quite a mess.
The pattern of malfunction is quite involved such that only a table too complicated to be reported here gives a complete account of

1) Key operation
2) GUI click operation
3) checkbox entry after key operation
4) checkbox entry after respective scripting commands.

For each entry in "Render" the operationes 1)-4) occur with different yes/no combinations!
Sometimes keys are interchanged (e.g. I <-> P), or CTRL keys ignored (CTRL L, CTRL E). 4) always carries a "no", as I noted before.

Fridger

BreadMan

1.2.4 Status

Post #4by BreadMan » 05.04.2002, 01:00

chris wrote:...and finally get around to creating a manual.

Well shoot, I guess there's no point on me continuing on this then. Maybe you can use it for a start or something. Still needs a lot of work.
http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~breadman/celestia/manual.html

Rassilon
With us: 22 years 7 months

1.2.4 Status

Post #5by Rassilon » 05.04.2002, 03:08

BreadMan wrote:
chris wrote:...and finally get around to creating a manual.

Well shoot, I guess there's no point on me continuing on this then. Maybe you can use it for a start or something. Still needs a lot of work.
http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~breadman/celestia/manual.html

What? Continue it...Whats stopping you? ...Besides Its very much needed no matter what ;)

Looks good so far...
I'm trying to teach the cavemen how to play scrabble, its uphill work. The only word they know is Uhh and they dont know how to spell it!

Aya Reiko

Post #6by Aya Reiko » 17.04.2002, 07:41

For the 1.2.4 release, can we get a core install option? I've made modifications to the ssc files and I really don't want to lose them.

Return to “Celestia Users”