Splash screens for running multiple versions of Celestia...

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
DonAVP
With us: 18 years 7 months

Re: Splash screens for running multiple versions of Celestia...

Post #41by DonAVP » 23.09.2008, 04:33

Here is the next version of my original image. Changed the planet size and font.
Don't know anything

Imy
With us: 17 years 8 months

Post #42by Imy » 23.09.2008, 09:07

To my mind, DonAVP, your new shot seems similar to the last one. Changing planet sizes doesn't do much.
Hummm... Why do you really align the planets? You keep the line but you drop planets a little on left and on the right; just align Jupiter and the Sun in the background? It might let you guess orbits of these objects? Is it important to use Uranus and Neptune? What about using the texture of Jupiter's satellites, this one for example which defines the icon of the program?

The version number is not as important to know as the name of the program.
Why don't use simply a white solid font?

DonAVP
With us: 18 years 7 months

Post #43by DonAVP » 23.09.2008, 19:44

Imy wrote:To my mind, DonAVP, your new shot seems similar to the last one. Changing planet sizes doesn't do much.
Hummm... Why do you really align the planets? You keep the line but you drop planets a little on left and on the right; just align Jupiter and the Sun in the background? It might let you guess orbits of these objects? Is it important to use Uranus and Neptune? What about using the texture of Jupiter's satellites, this one for example which defines the icon of the program?

The version number is not as important to know as the name of the program.
Why don't use simply a white solid font?

As I stated in my first post I lined up the planets from a scene in 2001 Space Odyssey that showed something like this. I was not trying to show something or a POV that could be seen within Celestia. Also this was a quick hack from images captured on my PIII ThinkPad with 8Meg video so the image quality is low compared to my other computers. From what I understand, thread was to change the splash screen graphics based on the version, that is why the version number is shown. Chris said something about not liking 3D text fonts so I tried to give something different.

I am just posting for fun. If a splash screen is needed from this design I would be more than happy to do a better quality version of this idea.

Don :D
Don't know anything

Imy
With us: 17 years 8 months

Post #44by Imy » 24.09.2008, 11:51

Aright I understand.
However Let me still think that your splash screen would deserve to be more developped : it's an interesting way for studies for sure !

Return to “Celestia Users”