Making addons on Celestia Android.

Have a question about using Celestia? Check here first for FAQs and helpful advice.
Forum rules
Please help to make this forum more useful by checking the FAQs before posting! Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge.
Topic author
kirbyisbestpoyo
With us: 1 year 8 months

Making addons on Celestia Android.

Post #1by kirbyisbestpoyo » 25.09.2022, 02:55

Hello! So I have a question about celestia mobile, how do I modify a texture for a planet/moon? I know the code its self but what's the process to do so? Do I turn a txt document to an ssc, or, the texture dosnt load even tho I put the texture in the correct folder. What's the exact process to modify, convert, insert etc. Thanks in advance! :smile:

Anthony_B_Russo10
With us: 5 years 10 months

Post #2by Anthony_B_Russo10 » 25.09.2022, 05:06

Due to various limitations of Android when it comes to certain things needed to make addons it is easier to make addons on desktop Celestia and port them to mobile.
Anthony B. Russo, I like Pluto. Mod of the Celestia subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Celestiasoftware/
I have over 40 computers, trying to list them here would be a pain.
Responsible for the NEO catalog: https://celestia.space/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22203
And mod of the Discord server.

DaveBowman2001
With us: 5 years 10 months

Post #3by DaveBowman2001 » 25.09.2022, 05:09

You have to always convert the txt document to something Celestia can read, in the case for planets/moons, it's always in SSC format

Although (technically) you could make addons there, it is advisable to not do it on mobile as it is too difficult to pull off. We make our addons on PC (either Windows or Linux) all the time, their mobile versions are even made in PC as well.
"Open the pod-bay doors HAL"
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"

Spacecrafts Addon Developer since 2018
Celestia Versions: 1.7.1 (Mobile), 1.6.3 and 1.7.0 (Windows)

Topic author
kirbyisbestpoyo
With us: 1 year 8 months

Post #4by kirbyisbestpoyo » 25.09.2022, 06:45

Ah alright, well thank you guys for helping me out on here. I appreciate it!

Return to “Help Central”