Methone and Rhea

Have a question about using Celestia? Check here first for FAQs and helpful advice.
Forum rules
Please help to make this forum more useful by checking the FAQs before posting! Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge.
Topic author
JoaquinViggo
With us: 3 years

Methone and Rhea

Post #1by JoaquinViggo » 29.04.2021, 07:03

Mod edit: Spam post copied from here. Poster banned and topic locked.

Can someone make a unique texture for Saturn's moon Methone? It's in hydrostatic equilibrium, not a bumpy asteroid moon, and is very smooth. Smoother than Europa, going from the Cassini images. Can someone make a texture to show Methone as it really looks like? Also, I'd like an addon for Rhea's hypothetical rings, every time I try adding them to the files, everything after it vanishes from Celestia due to an error.

Art Blos M
With us: 6 years 8 months

Post #2by Art Blos » 29.04.2021, 07:22

Rhea's rings are already in the Celestia Origin.
Methone texture have already been tried to create, but to no avail. The available textures do not match the photo.
Founder and head of the project "Celestia Origin"

trappistplanets
With us: 3 years 11 months

Post #3by trappistplanets » 29.04.2021, 10:44

JoaquinViggo wrote:Can someone make a unique texture for Saturn's moon Methone? It's in hydrostatic equilibrium, not a bumpy asteroid moon, and is very smooth. Smoother than Europa, going from the Cassini images. Can someone make a texture to show Methone as it really looks like? Also, I'd like an addon for Rhea's hypothetical rings, every time I try adding them to the files, everything after it vanishes from Celestia due to an error.
Art Blos wrote:Methone texture have already been tried to create, but to no avail. The available textures do not match the photo.
i do have a real-data methone texture

methone-real.png

Added after 39 seconds:
i also have this fictional one (made from photos with fictional stuff added on)... but it needs some work on alliment...
methone.png

Added after 5 minutes 34 seconds:
JoaquinViggo wrote:Can someone make a unique texture for Saturn's moon Methone? It's in hydrostatic equilibrium, not a bumpy asteroid moon, and is very smooth. Smoother than Europa, going from the Cassini images. Can someone make a texture to show Methone as it really looks like? Also, I'd like an addon for Rhea's hypothetical rings, every time I try adding them to the files, everything after it vanishes from Celestia due to an error.

the vanishing from error you can't seem to find is annoying like crazy

Added after 11 minutes 5 seconds:
and how can a such of a small object like methone be so smooth, in theory it should be all lumby and stuff because its gravity is not strong enough to crush that all down to a sphere (other then its oblant shape due to rotation and other outside forces)

Added after 15 minutes 11 seconds:
there fixed the alliment of the known side

this should be close to the photos other then some spots then and there
methone.png
There is a limit to how far we can travel into the stars.
Owner of "The Grand Voyage" addon series
Collaborating with Dangerous_safety for the still developing Cer system

Return to “Help Central”