Using Latest Version, No Sol ... No Earth !!!

Have a question about using Celestia? Check here first for FAQs and helpful advice.
Forum rules
Please help to make this forum more useful by checking the FAQs before posting! Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge.
Topic author
mjs5061
With us: 3 years 1 month

Using Latest Version, No Sol ... No Earth !!!

Post #1by mjs5061 » 05.04.2021, 14:45

Hi Celestia Users,

I have just upgraded to the 1.6.2.2 version and apparently have no Sol/Earth for the "Start" script to access. When I load the program, the logo comes up and that's pretty much it. When I try and select Sol, nothing happens. When I try and select Earth, the same nothing happens. I'm going to guess this is an easy fix, but I'm at a loss. Any ideas here? I thank the community in advance for any help ...

M. J.

SevenSpheres
With us: 4 years 7 months

Post #2by SevenSpheres » 05.04.2021, 15:53

Check that your Celestia/data folder contains the files nearstars.stc and solarsys.ssc, which define Sol and Earth. Also check that the files celestia.cfg and start.cel exist in your main Celestia folder. (These files are in CelestiaResources on Mac, and the start script may be somewhere else on non-Windows systems, I'm not sure.) If any of these files are missing, your copy of Celestia didn't install correctly. Try uninstalling and reinstalling it.
My Addons: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19978 • Discord server admin
Celestia versions: 1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.6.2, 1.7.0, and some unofficial versions like Celestia-ED

Return to “Help Central”