Where to put local SSC file

Have a question about using Celestia? Check here first for FAQs and helpful advice.
Forum rules
Please help to make this forum more useful by checking the FAQs before posting! Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge.
Topic author
rbroberts
With us: 17 years 10 months

Where to put local SSC file

Post #1by rbroberts » 04.12.2009, 04:45

I have a small SSC file to define an OrbitFrame for the Earth-Sun L1 location. The question is, where do I put this? I would rather avoid putting it in the global data directory if possible, having put it there and then lost it when I installed a new version of Celestia. Does Celestia search any user directories when starting, you know, like ~/.celestia/something?

roland
Roland B. Roberts, PhD
6818 Madeline Court
Brooklyn, NY 11220

Guckytos
With us: 20 years 4 months

Re: Where to put local SSC file

Post #2by Guckytos » 04.12.2009, 09:54

rbroberts wrote:I have a small SSC file to define an OrbitFrame for the Earth-Sun L1 location. The question is, where do I put this? I would rather avoid putting it in the global data directory if possible, having put it there and then lost it when I installed a new version of Celestia. Does Celestia search any user directories when starting, you know, like ~/.celestia/something?

roland

Hi roland,

the best place to put your own files is "extras" or "extras-standard".

But you can also define in "celestia.cfg" directories where Celestia should look for addons.

Regards,

Guckytos

Return to “Help Central”