Simulate spaceship

Discuss Celestia's features, adaptations and Addons for use in educational environments
Topic author
L_himalia
With us: 3 years 9 months

Simulate spaceship

Post #1by L_himalia » 20.08.2020, 14:06

Hello...! First of all, I apologize if theis is mentioned in some other section. I looked around and haven't found it.

I'm a teacher and this year I have to give a special course (virtualy) to 2nd grade. I've always used celestia to teach, but since I'm teaching it virtually and to little ones I thought it would be fun to simulate that we are traveling inside a spaceship. Is there a way to VIEW the screen as if we were inside a spaceship? Or something similar...?

Thanks in advance!

TheLostProbe
With us: 4 years

Post #2by TheLostProbe » 29.09.2020, 09:24

there isn't I don't think, but I really don't know much about the spacecraft area of Celestia, so I may be wrong
"Carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where the dimensions intersect... impossible to describe with our limited vocabulary."
- Dr. Wallace Breen

onetwothree
Site Admin
With us: 5 years 7 months

Post #3by onetwothree » 29.09.2020, 13:56

LUA tools provides something similar to what you want.

selden
Developer
With us: 21 years 8 months

Post #4by selden » 29.09.2020, 13:58

There is an Addon which makes it possible to add a "spaceship cockpit" to Celestia. Unfortunately its author can no longer provide support for it, but it is available in the thread viewtopic.php?f=33&t=17419

You can find discussions about this type of Addon by doing a Web search for the keywords

celestia cockpit
Selden

Return to “Celestia in Education”