Celestia151 ED activity 7 problem

Discuss Celestia's features, adaptations and Addons for use in educational environments
Topic author
sneso
With us: 14 years 10 months

Celestia151 ED activity 7 problem

Post #1by sneso » 13.07.2009, 15:28

I'm on windows XP. Activity 7,8, and some others are not working for me. When I load up the scripts none of the spacecrafts are shown or recognized by celestia. Any idea what could be wrong? I have the base package installed, and all activities installed. For example, when I click the links in the activity word file for the Sputnik activity, Sputnik does not exist. The camera falls through the earth on a lot of these activities.

Topic author
sneso
With us: 14 years 10 months

Re: Celestia151 ED activity 7 problem

Post #2by sneso » 13.07.2009, 20:12

nevermind. had to place all the models into the extras folder and not in their original educational-extras folder...directions did not specify this. it said to just extract files into main cel-ed folder.

fsgregs
With us: 21 years 7 months

Re: Celestia151 ED activity 7 problem

Post #3by fsgregs » 14.07.2009, 00:09

sneso:

The many spacecraft that are used in Activity 7 and 8 can and should be placed into the Educational-extras folder, not directly into the extras folder. The reason is that they can conflict with each other. Some of those models are already in use in the educational-extras/general folder.

If you unzip/place them into the educational-extras folder, you must launch Celestia only from inside the written Activity 7 or Activity 8 instruction document. You can find those two documents inside the "educational activities" folder. They are MS Word documents. Open them and look on page 4. You will find an image, with instructions to click once on that image to launch Celestia. That image contains a special coded link that tells Celestia to look inside the educational-extras folder for the spacecraft that will be visited in Activity 7 or 8. By clicking it, Celestia will load those spacecraft. If you do not launch Celestia by this image, the spacecraft will not load.

FYI

Frank

Return to “Celestia in Education”