Celestia in Education

Discuss Celestia's features, adaptations and Addons for use in educational environments
Alexell M
Site Admin
With us: 13 years 7 months

Post #41by Alexell » 11.08.2016, 09:40

fsgregs, hi, Frank.

fsgregs wrote:Each journey contains a Windows link to a command file that calls a specific cfg file that opens a specific "educational-extras" folder containing only the addons needed for that one topic.
I think that it can be implemented using a separate utility, which will replace the cfg file, or move / rename folders with add-ons. After a more detailed study of the problem, I could develop such a utility.

fsgregs wrote:he directions and url:cel links in how to control the program, where to go, how to orbit Mars or turn orbit lines on or off, or how to change time, or how to visit a particular nebula, MUST be written down for these kids, step by step. Even Lua Tools commands also need to be in writing.

We have improved the Lua Edu Tools (named Lua Universal Tools) by adding navigation tools, as well as reference materials and destination guides. We made it specially for the purpose of education, and that children were easier to use Celestia. Now we are preparing a detailed description with screenshots in English, is available here.
Admin of celestia.space
PC: Intel Core i7-8700 @ 3.20GHz, SSD, 16 Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Creative Sound Blaster ZxR. Windows 10 x64.
Phone: iPhone Xs 256 Gb. iOS 14.

Joey P. M
With us: 6 years 6 months

Post #42by Joey P. » 01.04.2019, 18:48

We also need to correct the star radii given within Celestia (for example, mu Cephei has a default of 3,870 solar radii as opposed to the widely accepted 1,420 solar radii)
Joey P.

Return to “Celestia in Education”