Lua Edu Tools and Celestia Patch 3

Discuss Celestia's features, adaptations and Addons for use in educational environments
Topic author
zeraeiro
With us: 18 years 2 months

Lua Edu Tools and Celestia Patch 3

Post #1by zeraeiro » 19.01.2007, 14:52

What are the differences between Lua Edu Tools and Celestia Patch 3? Is one based on the other?

I'd like to translate them both. I've already understood how to do it with Lua Edu Tools but I'm not sure about Patch 3.

Thanks in advance,

Jos?© Raeiro

Vincent
Developer
With us: 19 years 8 months

Re: Lua Edu Tools and Celestia Patch 3

Post #2by Vincent » 20.01.2007, 14:58

zeraeiro wrote:What are the differences between Lua Edu Tools and Celestia Patch 3? Is one based on the other?

I'd like to translate them both. I've already understood how to do it with Lua Edu Tools but I'm not sure about Patch 3.

Thanks in advance,

Jos?© Raeiro

Jos?©,

To build Celestia patch, I had to modify the source code of Celestia 1.4.1, whereas the Lua Edu Tools are developped as an addon to place in the extras folder of Celestia 1.5. That means that the Lua Tools are easily customable without having to recompile the whole source code. This is by far a most evolutional solution.

However, some Celestia patch features (like the possibility to play sound) have not been included in The Lua Tools, yet...
@+
Vincent

Celestia Qt4 SVN / Celestia 1.6.1 + Lua Edu Tools v1.2
GeForce 8600 GT 1024MB / AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core / 4Go DDR2 / XP SP3

deantracer
With us: 15 years 1 month

Re: Lua Edu Tools and Celestia Patch 3

Post #3by deantracer » 14.08.2009, 05:22

Hi Vincent...
I am new here and my name is Dean and i would like to more about this site if you don't mind..
Can you share them thanks in advance..
"Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood."

Return to “Celestia in Education”